Think your brisket is ready to be judged? Find out on Saturday, November 2nd at Barrel & Bones in The Colony! Contestants may enter one brisket into the competition to be judged by top local BBQ Pitmasters and experts! Everyone who enters will win prizes! The better your brisket the better your prize! It's only $25 to enter the contest! Come join us! Here is an outline of the event:
1) Please bring your smoked, wrapped, unsliced brisket to the event. All entries must be checked in by 2:30pm. We recommend storing your brisket in a cooler or hot box to hold it at temp until judging. We will have a communal hot box if needed.
2) Upon arrival we will register and label each brisket and set the order for slicing and serving to the judges. Once registered the brisket can go back in your cooler/hot box.
3) We will have a station set up for slicing your brisket and serving to the judges. You are responsible for slicing your own brisket. Bring your own knife and cutting board. (We have extra boards if needed.) Please no bbq sauce served with the brisket. Each judge should receive both a fatty and lean slice. We will supply you with a Styrofoam container for presentation. We would love for you to share samples of your brisket with the competitors. Due to health code regulations, you are not permitted to share your brisket with spectators/public.
4) Briskets will judged on appearance, taste, and tenderness. The judges will score each brisket from 1-9 in those categories.
5) We will announce winners at 5pm! This is for fun! Not a sanctioned event.
6) First Place - $250 Second Place - $150 Third Place - $100
This should be a blast! Beer, bbq, friendly competition, and having your brisket analyzed by experts! What's better than that!