Written by William Shakespeare
A brave Scottish general named Macbeth receives a prophecy from a trio of witches that one day he will become King of Scotland. Consumed by ambition and spurred to action by his wife, Macbeth murders King Duncan and takes the Scottish throne for himself. He is then wracked with guilt and paranoia. Forced to commit more and more murders to protect himself from enmity and suspicion, he soon becomes a tyrannical ruler. The bloodbath and consequent civil war swiftly take Macbeth and Lady Macbeth into the realms of madness and death.
See below for venue guidelines from The Sound at Cypress Waters
TIPS for the show:
- Come early, come hungry: All of our amazing restaurants are open, have full menus and indoor and outdoor seating.
- Buy here, drink here: No coolers allowed.
- Grab a blanket, but leave the lawn chairs behind: Blankets are encouraged, but please be courteous with the amount of space you take up
- Your shoes matter: General admission is standing room on a grass lawn.
- Rain, rain, go away: The Sound is an outdoor venue. We will make every effort to keep the event running as scheduled, but in the event of inclement weather, please keep an eye on your email or follow us on social media for timely event updates.
- Say Cheese: Bring your non-professional cameras, but no detachable lenses. Cell phones are a must, but no professional video or audio recording equipment allowed.
- Keep it small: Average sized bags are all you need, so leave the over sized backpacks, duffels and luggage behind.
- All ages: Under 2 years old do not require a ticket.
- When it's time to pay: We will accept credit cards for food & beverage sales.
- Parking: We've got PLENTY of free parking within a 2-block walk of the venue.
- Drink responsibly: Ride Sharing is highly recommended.
- Because we have to say it: No handguns, firearms or other weapons of any kind, illegal drugs, alcohol, fireworks, glass containers, laser pointers, coolers, professional cameras, video or audio recording equipment, over sized backpacks, duffels, luggage, food or beverages, lawn chairs or pets. Please.
For ADA accommodations, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org