IT'S HERE, THE FORT WORTH BEER MILE 2018!
Join us on the Fort Worth Beer Mile 2018 v2.0 as we run along the Trinity; the race will start and end at Clearfork Food Park, located here.
Proceeds of the Beer Mile will benefit Veritas Life Adventure. A group dedicated to providing youth with an unconventional, holistic experience that rejuvenates and reawakens the mystery and joy that comes from seeing and experiencing God.
Read on for more important information!
Official Beer Mile Rules:
1. Each competitor drinks four cans of beer and runs one mile. Beers will be provided with purchase of Beer Mile ticket.
2. Beer must be consumed before each ¼ mile is begun, at an area marked on the route (beer stations).
3. The race begins with the drinking of the first beer.
4. Timed competitors drink canned beer and the cans should not be less than 355ml (the standard can volume) or 12oz (the imperial equivalent). (due to availabilty one beer may be served on draft)
5. Beer cans must not be tampered with in any manner, ie. no shotgunning or puncturing of the can except for opening the can by the tab at the top.
6. Beer will be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume.
* You of course have the option for the unofficial beer mile, which is....run, walk, skate, skip your way through the mile course, or don't, all the while enjoying 5 tasty beers, or less. Enjoy the way and the amount you want.
All of the beer in the race will be provided by local Fort Worth craft breweries so make sure to savor it as you speed through the race! If you haven’t run a beer mile before, there is a chance you may not be able to finish all your beers during the run. No worries, you will have one more beer to sip and enjoy at the finish line! In addition, every Beer Miler will receive a beer glass with the Beer Mile logo!
There will be two classes of runners: Elite Beer Milers (those going for an official time starting at 7:00 pm and Regular Beer Milers (those who think running is over rated) starting at 7:15 pm. You can determine the group you would like to participate in at the event. Please show up 30 minutes before the race begins to check in with a photo ID. Both groups may choose to have their times recorded on the official Beer Mile website. Event is Rain or Shine.
Please fill out this waiver and bring it with you to the event!