Follow the Drinking Gourd
United States, 60 min., Color, English
FOLLOW THE DRINKING GOURD is a feature documentary about the Black food justice movement. Family-friendly, funny and moving, this 60-minute film connects the legacy of slavery, capitalism and climate change to our fight for food security.
* Leah Penniman - author of "Farming While Black"
* Naima Penniman - of the award-winning, spoken word duo, Climbing Poetree, recently featured on TED
* Wanda Stewart - urban farmer in Berkeley, CA
* Will Scott - rural farmer in Fresno, CA
* Carl Anthony - environmentalist, founder of Urban Habitat
* Rahanna Bisseret-Martinez - former Top Chef Junior finalist